Do you want to step into the very saturated carpet cleaning market? Do you want to start your same day carpet cleaning business?
When we call it a saturated market, we are not trying to undermine you. We’re not attempting to discourage you from stepping into this business. All we want is you to know the real picture and get prepared for it.
We’re here to offer your advice on how to start the same day carpet cleaning business. This guide has everything you need to know. It might not be in meticulous details for we can have like a 100,000 words long discussion about this business, but it is completely an adequate guide for you to get started off and ensure success in your new business venture.
Here’s everything you need to know to start the same day carpet cleaning business.
Benefits of starting your own carpet cleaning business
Before we dive into the details, you must understand why this business can be the coolest thing you do for yourself. Yes, even after the market condition we mentioned a few seconds before. Here are some benefits of being in this business.
- You can work from home, set up your office from home. No need to pay an enormous amount of rent for office space.
- Carpet Cleaning is easy to learn the business and promises an excellent return on investments.
- You don’t require specialist knowledge for starting this business. A little bit of research and training and you’re good to go.
- The cost of starting this business is quite small which means you don’t need to empty your bank accounts or ask people for funding you.
- The more you invest in this business in terms of time and efforts, the more you grow.
- The business allows high-profit margins.
Now that you know the benefits, you can get started with the technical details of running such a business.
Get a license
Of course, you can dive in without applying for a business license but that would probably land you in jail. So, first figure out how you can get a business license. It varies from city to city and, therefore; we cannot give you details about how to go on with that.
But you can comment below with your city details and we can help you with relevant resources.
Now here are some things that you need to figure out during this step only.
- What niche would you serve in? Are you going for commercial cleaning or house cleaning?
- Do you want to be a solopreneur or employ people in future?
- What’s the area or locality you would offer your services in?
Our post about 4 Must-Dos for same day carpet cleaning startups can help with these thoughts.
2. Choose the right machine
Now, you need to consider buying equipment you would require to serve your customers. Here the most important thing that must be taken into account is – MACHINES’ PRODUCTIVITY.
The bigger the machine, the more powerful it is. But it is more about what kind of device you require.
Are you planning to clean big commercial buildings? Then you would need a machine with more power. The more powerful machine also means that you will be able to finish up the work in less time and, therefore, can take up more jobs.
If you want to grow your business, we would recommend you to buy the most powerful machine you can afford with your budget. Starting off with a moderately powerful machine is also not a bad idea.
3. Figure out what kind of cleaning solutions you will need
Such solutions cost less, but that doesn’t mean you can ignore these. You need to be careful with what type of cleaning solutions you choose.
The type of solution you choose determines the time it takes to clean the carpet. Typical solutions work quickly and cost less unless you have to do stain removal. That increases up the cost of the chemicals used.
You must also consider how much time it takes to apply the solution and get the results.
4. What are the accessories you require?
Apart from the central cleaning machine and solutions, you would require tools like chemical sprayers, buckets, terry towels, hoovers and upholstery cleaning tools.
Many suppliers offer packages that contain most of the tools you require. The packages are usually divided into categories like standard, professional and expert. Your choice of the package must depend on the kind of niche you choose and the type of work you expect to do in the first year of your business.
Of course, you can upgrade whenever you want. Therefore, you must try to stick to the one you require rather than being too foresighted and spending a great part of your budget in buying the carpet cleaning accessories.
5. Getting the transport
After you have the equipment, you need one last thing in your bucket to start offering same day carpet cleaning services in your area. You need to buy a vehicle.
We would recommend you to begin with a large hatchback if you have a bit low budget. When your business starts making a profit, you can move to a van that looks more professional.
6. Getting training for the work
If you want to be a professional, you need training and certification. Most of the people tend to hire trained professionals. They do ask for your license and certifications. Therefore, we would advise you to get some training.
You must make sure you know the following by heart
- How does your equipment work?
- What kind of pre-preparation is required to operate your equipment?
- How can you use the equipment correctly?
- How to use your gear in the most optimum way?
- How to maintain your equipment?
Apart from these, there are some things that come by experience. For example:
- How to make a correct estimate of the work?
- How to plan the work to get the most done in minimum time?
- How to reduce your equipment maintenance cost?
- How to minimise the cost of using chemicals?
- How to offer high-quality services while ensuring significant profits?
7. How to find customers?
Congratulations. You’re at the final step of starting the same day carpet cleaning business. You have learned the things you require to get started, and now you need some customers actually to get started.
But how will you find the customers in this highly saturated market? You’re new. You’re inexperienced. Who will give you work?
Marketing your same day carpet cleaning business
We believe our post about Marketing Musts for Same Day Carpet Cleaning business is the ultimate resource that can help you with marketing your business successfully.
But here we’re going to mention some of the most important points we don’t want you to miss.
Img via Flickr
- Focus on direct marketing.
- Left lets, Fliers, Newspaper ads still work.
- Get serious about internet marketing for that’s where most of your customers are.
- Create an advertising budget and be very careful about where you spend your money.
- Set up your website and hire an SEO expert to rank your site for keywords relevant to your business.
- Sign up for advertising platforms that can connect you with your potential clients.
- Don’t forget to sign up for our core product – same day pros that are an Uber-like technology-driven platform that offers guaranteed success for your new business.
- Create social media profiles for your business and get active on them. They offer a brilliant way to create deeper connections with your potential customers.
- Set up a blog and start writing articles to help the community. This can help you gain the trust of people. (Do you get what we’re doing right now? )
- Ask your family & friends to spread the word about your newly setup business. They will bring you the first few clients.
- Start participating in trade shows, carpet cleaning associations and local groups to get noticed.
- Read our marketing musts post for more information.
Start working on these main things and in case, you find any problem while working on these things, ask us for help.
Do you think we provided you enough information to get started? If not, tell us what we missed.