There’s an enormous difference between cleaning your home and running a professional cleaning service. It is not a child’s play to run a same day home cleaning business. It is simply not possible to turn it into an overnight success.
It requires careful planning, adequate management and application of right techniques. If you just started this business or are trying to grow your same day home cleaning business, here are some secrets we compiled from what we learned from the way most successful home cleaning business owners work.
1. Focus on new technologies
It affects managerial and organization skills as well. Therefore it is important to do the following to ensure success of your business:
- Try to stay up-to-date with latest technologies related to your business.
- Read industry publications.
- Attend meetings and cleaning conventions.
- Actively participate in different trade fairs.
- Encourage your suppliers to keep you up-to-date.
2. Develop a working system
To able to work consistently and efficiently, you require a proper structure in your work style. Developing a system for almost every function of your business, be it cleaning, supervision, laundry, reporting, accounting, management or customer service, makes it possible to keep your company running even when you are not available to guide.
3. Don’t undersell yourself
In our post: how to find quality clients who will pay you anything, the primary emphasis was on stopping yourself from taking up any job you get. New businesses often reduce their prices to outperform their competitors.
However, underselling yourself is not the right way to deal with competition for it can adversely affect your business process. Instead of doing this, you must try to deliver quality work to address the competition.
4. Give importance to your employees
Are you focusing enough on employee development? These are the people who bring you money. Not giving attention to their requirements and development means a weak backbone for your same day home cleaning business. Therefore, you must ensure the following:
- Make sure your employees are trained well.
- Focus on their performance quality and encourage them to improve it day by day.
- Treat your employees with respect and make them want to work with you.
- Provide bonuses and incentives for top performers.
- Give some perks to your employees.
- Help them deal with the issue they are facing.
- Try to keep them in high spirits and keep inspiring them to work better.
5. Don’t go multi-niche
If you are planning to serve any cleaning job, you come across; you are actually brewing a recipe for failure. You must focus on one kind of job and build expertise in it.
For example, if you’ve been serving households, don’t try to jump in to serve big office buildings and so on. Stick to your niche and keep striving for better.
6. Track labor costs
Are you keeping an eye on the labor costs? It might not seem essential enough to be a daily job, but the numbers pile up in the way you can never imagine and can do serious damage to your financial condition.
Here are essentials you must do every single day:
- Compile a daily over and under report.
- If the labor cost is over, figure out why is it so?
- Is the consumer asking for extra services that you are not charging for?
- Did you overrate the time it would take to finish the job?
- If the labor cost is under, see if your employees are meeting up to the quality standards.
7. Customer service is important
Work quality is outstanding but it is not enough to bring repeat business? If you want to turn your one-time customer into a regular client, here’s what you need to ensure:
- Build strong relationships with your customers.
- Commit seriously to customer service.
- Do a regular follow-up and try to maintain a consistent relationship with the client.
8. Spread the word regularly
Develop a daily advertisement budget and focus on marketing your same day home cleaning business regularly.
- Make use of social media to link with your clients and find more customers.
- Flyer every day.
- Advertise your business on the internet.
- Get in touch with local associations and promote your business through them.
- Ask your friends and family to spread the word.
9. Build a business website and blog
Not only having a business website gives an impression of a more reliable and professional business but also it helps you to advertise your business 24/7. Make sure you integrate your online presence with your offline endeavors.
Put your web address on the flyers and brochures. Encourage your customers to review your business and get testimonials.
Give out special coupons and useful information through company’s blog. This would encourage customer engagement. Respond to the queries quickly and give your customers enough reasons to hire you.
These are nine success secrets that can pump up your presently slow same day home cleaning business. Follow these by heart and you will see a regular heavy flow of customers.
- Keep a written record of everything. Note down everything your customer says.
- Be realistic about how many jobs you can take per day, how much money you must charge and what kind results you expect from your business.
- Practice people skills regularly.
- Never overload your cleaning technicians. This may affect their work quality.
- Choose the advertising platforms wisely. You must not throw away your money. You must invest it.
Same Day Pros is an excellent choice as an advertising platform that is built on Uber-like technology and helps you find more leads in your area. Check it out and see if you think it would resonate with your goals.
Have you been acknowledged with any of the secrets mentioned above? If yes, how do you believe they make a difference in running your business? Do they help?